PEOPLE ARE LONELY BECAUSE THEY BUILD WALLS INSTEAD OF BRIDGES.

Wednesday 11 July, 2007

Rain - Chicken Soup for the soul!


I am walking down the road… well yes… I agree with you, nothing exhilarating about it! Its just one of the mundane things I do everyday! I walk on – looking yet not really looking. And then… I see it! A sudden bolt of lightening flashes across the sky and ends in a twinkle in my eye. I breathe it, I feel it, its almost there – well, almost! And behold… here it comes! Pitter patter pitter patter… RAIN!!!

I see the raindrops – falling to the ground in an unremitting deluge. Drops of water following each other from the edge of a lady’s umbrella while she is trying in vain to protect her infant from the mizzle, from the fingertips of a toddler holding on to his mother’s hand as she walks ahead braving the barrage… water water everywhere!

I look up at the heavens and feel the rain plummet on my face. At that moment – time stands still. It’s just me and the cosmos. I stretch out my arms and experience the unity. My sorrows, my tears, my inhibitions, my fears, my prejudices, my disappointments are all washed away. The raindrops fall on my body, soak in and find their way to my soul. I am doused with joy and serenity. I feel liberated, rejuvenated.

As I stand there – I don’t hear the screeching of buses, the clamor of the people scurrying for shelter, the scrambling, the rumbling, the chaos… I just hear God’s melody. I hear my heart beat. In all the disarray I discover myself!

I open my eyes. There is a huge puddle of water right in front of me. I look at the world around me with the innocuous eyes of a child and then – hop… skip… jump… SPLASH!

2 comments:

Dhanya said...

Hey Nice one.. Even I like rain very much n I can identify with your feelings :)

~Me said...

Arre Waah!! pehli baarish ki pehli booondon ka sparsh hota hi ekdum jaadooii hai... :) ..

Jiyo!
~me.