PEOPLE ARE LONELY BECAUSE THEY BUILD WALLS INSTEAD OF BRIDGES.

Sunday 15 July, 2007

Mom's the world!


I am dispensable… and no matter how hard I try to refute this fact, it remains – well… a fact! There is just one person in this whole wide world who can disprove this statement, who can care for me till the end of the world, who can wage a war against the entire universe for me, who can pick me up when I fall – look at my sullied face and say “I love you” - and that person is my mother.

She is the one person who can stand by me when my world is falling apart, who can hold me in the palms of her hand when all and sundry shun me, in whose gentle embrace I can experience God. To everyone else I am a being – a friend, an acquaintance, a classmate, a fellow dweller on this planet! But to her – I am her life, her cosmos! I embody her dreams, her desires… I am an extension of her existence!

Mom – you have infused me with your “unconditional love”. All I can say in return is – “I love you too”.

This one is just for you!

I appreciate the many prayers you’ve whispered

during the worse moments of my life,

and the many hopes for my success in all that I dreamed of.

I appreciate the kind wishes that would make me so happy

and the gentle words of encouragement

that were meant to strengthen my quests.

I appreciate the moments of sorrow you experienced

during my failures, and the little gestures of kindness

that always made me feel better.

I appreciate your acceptance, your ability to understand,

and the sincere friendship

that always gave me such security.

I appreciate the wisdoms of all the lessons you taught,

and the meaning behind the words “unconditional love”

I appreciate all you’ve done – every word and gesture.

I know you’ve been the best there is –

A mother beyond all compare.

For all you’ve done… thank you, MOM.

For all that you are… I LOVE YOU.

No comments: