PEOPLE ARE LONELY BECAUSE THEY BUILD WALLS INSTEAD OF BRIDGES.

Wednesday 12 November, 2008

Change… the ultimate truth!


I was reading a book ‘Not without my daughter’ which is a story of a woman’s struggle for freedom. It was a deeply compelling book… but as always my mind went galloping on another tangent altogether – Change!

Change is omnipotent… ubiquitous… all-encompassing! It touches each one of us in more than one way. Be it a variation, modification, revolution, conversion, amendment, transformation… It can be in any form, of varying magnitude… but it is the ultimate universal truth whether we accept it or not.

Sometimes (actually most of the time!) it frightens me… what if I wake up tomorrow morning to find my parents don’t love me anymore? What if my friends don’t need me anymore? What if my children start hating me? What if I become evil? What if I don’t have faith in my beliefs any more? What if I lose my self respect? What if I die tomorrow? What if… … …

As I fret over these apprehensions, my body and soul burn with anxiety! My ‘what ifs’ are infinite… I can spend a lifetime brooding over them and still have more to mull over! So why do I put myself through it? WHY??

We change, people around us change, circumstances change, perceptions change, beliefs change – the only thing common is ‘change’! When change is preordained, why all the fuss? What is, is… and what will be, will be! I don’t know what will happen tomorrow… but I know for a fact what I have today! Irrespective of the indeterminate future, I truly cherish and treasure my life TODAY!

I know what is today may or may not be there tomorrow. This realization keeps me prepared for what life throws at me in the future… but that does not stop me from relishing this very moment of my life which is so full of love and hope! Hope floats over the sea of change…yes... Hope floats! :)

No comments: